Hey people! Here’s an introduction to the Chronicles of Dania project.
This is the penultimate episode and I can’t believe we’re almost at the end of the Walking on Water series. It’s been incredibly fulfilling for me, sharing these experiences, so thank you for allowing me invade your space for about 10 minutes every week, over the last 7 weeks!
I know I’ve dubbed a few other episodes “one of my favourites”, but this, this one, is the actual
one of my favourites favourite. It’s honest and raw, and I talk about something a lot of people don’t talk about. I don’t want to give too much away, so I’ll simply invite you to watch the video below :)
If you know me personally, (or if you watched Episode 5- Banana), you know I’m not a sweet tooth, but my one sweet guilty pleasure is Ice Cream. It’s my ultimate go-to comfort food, and I definitely needed a pick-me-up after this week’s episode. So, I show you a really simple, 2-ingredient homemade ice cream recipe- and guess the best part? You don’t need an ice cream machine to make it! I know, incredible, right? Watch the video above to see the process, and refer to the recipe notes below for details.
If you try out this, or any of the other recipes, please let me know. You can send me pictures or videos through my social media accounts; @Ms_Dania on Instagram and Twitter.
2-Ingredient Homemade Ice Cream- No Machine Needed
- 2 cups (16oz/450ml ) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 14 ounces (1 Can/ 400ml) sweetened condensed milk , cold
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Place *sweetened condensed milk in the fridge to keep cold.
- Using a hand or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the cold cream on medium/high speed until soft peaks form.
- Turn off the machine and pour the cold condensed milk into the whipped cream.
- Turn the speed up high and whisk until the mixture is thick and stiff peaks form. Turn off the machine and stir in vanilla extract (optional).
- Add in your desired mix-ins (I use crushed Oreos in the video, but you can pretty much use any flavours/add-ins you desire. Think strawberries or mango puree for fruity flavours, chocolate chips, crushed nuts, M&Ms… if you can think it, you can mix it in!
- Transfer to an airtight plastic jar and freeze for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Scoop and enjoy!
If you can’t find condensed milk where you live, you can make some at home using this simple recipe: https://www.biggerbolderbaking.com/how-to-make-condensed-milk/
The vanilla extract will keep your ice cream from freezing too hard, but if you decide to omit it, you can leave your ice cream out at room temperature for about 15 minutes, if you find that your ice cream is too hard to scoop. You can store your ice cream in an airtight container for up to six weeks.
Recipe Author: Gemma Stafford, Bigger Bolder Baking
1 thought on “Walking on Water, Episode 7- Coffee”