Hey people! Here’s an introduction to the Chronicles of Dania project.
The much-awaited concluding part of Episode 4 is here! In this episode, I explore themes around versatility, collaboration and multitasking, with the multi-talented generalist, Ogonnia. Check out the first part here.
As per usual, I’ve kept to the theme in picking out a recipe for this week: Versatile Muffin! One muffin batter than can be used for countless variations of muffins- from blueberry, chocolate, carrot, etc. In this video, we make Banana and Blueberry Muffins, but you can replace with any other flavours you like and get same results- moist, delicious, irresistible muffins!
- 2 1 ⁄2 cups (354g) all purpose flour
- 1 1 ⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ⁄4 cup (180g) sugar
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs , beaten
- 1 cup (240ml) milk
- 1 ⁄2 cup (120ml) flavorless oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract , optional
- Preheat your oven to 350oF (180oC) and grease a 6 well-muffin tin or cupcake tin.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients, set aside.
- In a jug whisk together the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until evenly combined.
- Once you have you batter you can mix-in the flavour. I use bananas in this video, but you can use any flavours you like- blueberries, apples, chocolate, cranberry, etc. You can even divide your batter into two or three and mix in different flavours.
- After adding your desired flavouring, spoon the batter into the greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and risen.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tin.
- Allow to cool fully before storing in an airtight container. These will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge.