Hey people! Here’s an introduction to the Chronicles of Dania project.
This week’s episode explores themes around versatility, collaboration and multitasking. Plus, we feature our very first guest of the season, the multi-talented generalist, Ogonnia.
As per usual, I’ve kept to the theme in picking out a recipe for this week: Versatile Muffin! One muffin batter than can be used for countless variations of muffins- from blueberry, chocolate, carrot, etc. In this video, we make Banana and Blueberry Muffins, but you can replace with any other flavours you like and get same results- moist, delicious, irresistible muffins!
This episode is in two parts, so watch out for concluding part same time next week. Happy cooking!
- 2 1 ⁄2 cups (354g) all purpose flour
- 1 1 ⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ⁄4 cup (180g) sugar
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs , beaten
- 1 cup (240ml) milk
- 1 ⁄2 cup (120ml) flavorless oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract , optional
- Preheat your oven to 350oF (180oC) and grease a 6 well-muffin tin or cupcake tin.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients, set aside.
- In a jug whisk together the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until evenly combined.
- Once you have you batter you can mix-in the flavour. I use bananas in this video, but you can use any flavours you like- blueberries, apples, chocolate, cranberry, etc. You can even divide your batter into two or three and mix in different flavours.
- After adding your desired flavouring, spoon the batter into the greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and risen.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tin.
- Allow to cool fully before storing in an airtight container. These will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge.