Hey people! Here’s an introduction to the Chronicles of Dania project.
This week, I go a bit more in-depth and share in detail how I quite literally stumbled upon my baking business, and its surprising growth over a short period of time, for a bootstrap business.
The business can be described as an overnight success, and as you’ve come to expect, our recipe this week speaks to that: Overnight Oats! This filling breakfast option is popular not just for being super easy to prepare, but also for being quite healthy. In this video, I make Yoghurt Berry Oats, but you can have fun with it and try out other mix-ins, like shredded coconut, apples, peanut butter, chia seeds, etc. Get creative and have fun with it!
Yoghurt Berry Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup Old Fashioned Oats (you can use Quick Cook oats if that’s what you have available, but reduce the milk by about a tablespoon)
- 1/4 cup Greek Yoghurt
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon, optional
- Pinch of salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla, optional
- 1/4 cup Berries/Fruit of choice
- Handful sliced almonds/nuts of choice
- Add oats to your jar; include salt and cinnamon, if using.
- Pour in yoghurt, milk, and honey, and mix it all together.
- Top off with fruit and nuts.
- Let steep overnight, or for at least 8 hours in a refrigerator. Best to eat within 24 hours.
- Rise, shine, and enjoy!